The History of the Adirondack Forty-Sixers
and the High Peaks of the Adirondacks
The Adirondack Forty-Sixers, Inc. announces the publication of Heaven Up-h’isted-ness! The History of the Adirondack Forty-Sixers and the High Peaks of the Adirondacks (March 2011), a comprehensive history of the hiking club, whose members have climbed the 46 highest peaks in the Adirondack mountains, and in-depth profiles of the peaks themselves.
The 702-page hardcover volume includes:
- An introduction by James (Tony) Goodwin, Jr.
- An extended history of the club tracing its roots and evolution through a changing High Peaks environment
- Profiles of the first 46ers and early club leaders
- Detailed descriptions and histories of each of the 46 High Peaks
- A complete membership roster of recorded 46ers from the first finishers in 1925 through the finishers as of December 31, 2010
- More than 150 photos and illustrations, many from the photo collection of Grace Hudowalski from the 1930s
Each page will lead you on a journey of discovery through the Adirondack High Peaks and add to your understanding and enjoyment of this magnificent region. Come join us on a hike!
Heaven Up-h’isted-ness! is available online for $29.50 plus tax and shipping.